Tis the season, for family, friends, giving and our favorite, EATINGGGG! While I love a good bite all year long, it's hard not to have some holiday favorites! If you keep up with my blog, you may know that my dad was the elected chef of our family. He would cook all Thanksgiving and Christmas Morning. One of my favorite things he would make was a Cranberry Orange Muffin, so naturally this year, I had to find a way to make a version of my own. And maybe do it even better LOL. Just kidding dad!
BUT SERIOUSLY! This is one of my all time favorite combinations. I love the zest and tart flavors from the orange and cranberries with the addition of the sweetness, matched with that downhome buttery, comfort food flavor from Pioneer's Buttermilk Baking Mix. Honestly, I had no idea I could pull of this recipe with their baking mix but it totally worked and it taste delicious. It's spongy, rich in texture and the perfect addition to any holiday celebration.
Pioneer's products are so versatile and definitely worth checking out this season, from using their baking mixes in non-traditional ways to enjoying them classically with your holiday favorites. Pioneer, has been turning meals into memories since 1871 and this recipe is definitely childhood favorite turned holiday staple!
HOW GOOD DO THESE LOOK! While Pioneer may be known for their biscuit and gravy mixes, they are a classic addition to almost any craveable dish that anyone can make! Especially for the holidays! Enter their Holiday Traditions Sweepstakes at https://pioneerbrand.com/.
INGRIEDIENTS NEEDED FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
3/4 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cup of Pioneer Buttermilk Baking Mix
1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup of Fresh Cranberries
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 Zested Orange
Optional items: Buttercream Frosting (I used store bought but you can definitely make your own!)
CAN I INTERCHANGE INGREDIENTS & MILK?
Yes! Please feel free to use your milk of choice, I keep almond milk on hand at all times and love the way vanilla almond milk taste, but of course a regular milk will add an even richer flavor. Also when it comes to the cranberries, orange zest and white chocolate chips, it's up to you! For me MORE is MORE - but for some less is more, this is up to you! My dad also creates every four muffins different. He leaves four plain, the next four with partial and the last are all in. You could try this style and see which one you like best!
CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY MUFFINS
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes COOK TIME: 30 Minutes TOTAL: 40 Minutes SERVES: 12
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and Prepare Muffin Pan with Liners
2. Cream softened butter and sugar together in electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Stir in vanilla & milk and begin to add Pioneer Buttermilk Baking Mix - blend a well.
4. Fold in Cranberries, White Chocolate Chips & Orange Zest (you can used as much or as little of each of these, for me the more the merrier, but as always to your taste!)
5. Equally separate batter into the muffin pan, I filled mine about 3/4 but you can use more or less, you may have remaining batter for 4 to 6 more muffins if you use less.
6. Bake approx. 20-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool before frosting. (Keep an eye out I cooked mine about 5 minutes too long the first time around)
7. Frost your muffins if you would like or enjoy plain! I topped mine with Rosemary Sprigs & a Fresh Cranberry for a festive look! Enjoy!
Pioneer products are available at a grocer near you! I like to buy mine at my local Kroger, one of my favorite places, but you can find the best location for you, using their store locator here. I highly recommend gifting yourself a Kroger BOOST Membership, where you can get your groceries delivered same day in two hours for only $100 for the year, it's one of the easiest ways I snag my Pioneer favorite mixes! Order your mix and spend time less time in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for the holidays and more time making memories! Give the gift of delicious bites this season and celebrate more of the holidays with Pioneer here. Merry Christmas Everyone! xo Kait xo